Wednesday, July 05, 2006

My 35th Birthday

My Birthday

Well for a couple of weeks now Bill and my friends have been saying they were throwing me a "Surprise" pool. One of my friends let it slip. So I have been saying I did not want one mainly because of the fact that I did not even want the pool. So I thought Bill was being "funny". So Saturday morning I wake up with my closest friends (and their husbands) along with mine in my bedroom singing Mexican music and wearing sambaroos! We were going to Mexico! I quickly got dressed while they packed me and we ate breakfast (which Jenny had brought). We drove down to Del Rio, checked in, and headed across the boarder. We soon realized that Mexico was CLOSED (meaning no liquor or drinks were to be sold Sat. or Sun) due to the elections. HOW CRAZY NO ALCOHOL in Mexico. Have you ever heard of such a thing? We shopped a little and headed back across.

We found a bar in Del Rio and ended up having a great time (even though the band playing was a group of 12 year olds!! No joke!) We toured Alamo Village the next day and headed home.

I am so blessed to have such fun friends and a husband who continues to surprise me!!


Karl and I dancing to the Jr. High Band!
Randi is such an awesome friend!

Some of us at the border (notice how they all wore white as to not mess up my scrapbook! How cool is that!)

No ALCOHOL!

Bill and his long lost uncle Ned Waters (look at the sign)

Us at the Alamo Replica

The Band!
This pic is for my John Wayne loving Brother

No comments: